HELP-WANTED. Nature-Connected Learning and Healing Online: degrees, jobs and accredited training courses enhance your personal and professional goals. Our grant-funded, organic methods and materials help you safely tap into and benefit from the grace, balance and restorative powers of natural systems, backyard or backcountry.
Use the hands-on application of ecopsychology to strengthen your effectiveness and friendships. Help reduce stress and increase well-being in people and the environment. Add the supportive sunlight and beauty of the natural world to your relationships.
Visit our Homepage for complete information
Title: Free Holistic Online Bachelor, Master, Doctoral College University Degrees, Scholarships and Grants
Institute of Global Education
Online, grant-funded, alternative courses, career training and holistic jobs; degree programs for sustainable personal and environmental health
- Distance learning that enhances any subject or discipliine. Earn extra income money online
- Master holistic career and organic conservation wellness programs.
- Obtain a map of nature-connected course news and happenings online.
- Benefit from accredited university or college environmental focus CEU online courses training grants and ecologically sound degree programs.
A KEY TO SUCCESSFUL EDUCATION:
Found: The Critical Information For Well-Being That Harvard And Yale Won't Teach You.
Earn transfer credits or a degree by learning what you need to know online.
Educating, Counseling and Healing With Nature: the organic application of ecopsychology and ecotherapy; jobs degrees and courses online
Our Denial of an Education-Psychology-Science Error Produces Violence, Abuse, Drug-use and Fear
It seems absurd that people once thought the Earth was flat. However, that error is mild compared to the dangerous falsehood that now destructively stresses us. Today, we build our lives around an incorrect, emotionally bonded early-childhood belief. We are fixated to perceive that we live on the surface of Planet Earth. But we don't. We live in the Earth, imbedded ten miles deep in its biosphere that lies 300 miles deep in Earth's atmosphere.
Since 1929 scientists have reported that Planet Earth includes a biosphere zone that sustains all life on the planet, including us. It consists of and integrates Earth's atmosphere, sunlight, ocean, soil, plants animals and minerals. This enables them, in mutual support, to cooperatively thrive without producing garbage and pollution or our excessive stress and violence.
As exemplified by the water cycle, throughout the biosphere, a nurturing and restorative flow of natural systems is critical for the well-being of life, including our lives. Being part of the biosphere, our survival, health and happiness depend upon the seamless star energy streaming of natural systems within about and through us.
Our thinking is our destiny. By falsely thinking and feeling that we live on, rather than in, our living planet, we detach our mentality from the life-supporting sensations and ways of the biosphere. We perceive our Mother Earth as a material resource, we think we live on a lifeless rock rather than in something like a global organism. This desensitizing error gives our mind the license to exploit and injure natural systems and their renewing flow, rather than love, respect and support them, as we would our human mother.
The estrangement of our mentality from the living biosphere hurts our natural systems and natural senses. Their pain and aggravation underlies the violence, abuse, stress and addictions that mark contemporary life. Our troubles seldom disappear because our thinking rejects that the healing flow of natural systems is a remedy and preventative for them.
To increase person and planet well-being we must acknowledge:
1. Within and about us, natural systems are self-correcting and purifying. They recycle the deterioration of themselves and every molecule on earth. For this reason, nature seldom produces garbage, pollution or excessively destructive relationships.
2. Moment by moment, the grace, balance and restorative powers of natural systems flow through all of life. This includes the life of our mind, of our thoughts feelings and perceptions.
3. We share every aspect of our lives with natural systems, including over 50 natural senses. For example, we share our sense of thirst with the water cycle. To the benefit of ourselves and the environment, by intelligently turning on and off when appropriate, thirst attracts and regulates water through us. Another example: the exhilarating life-spirit we feel on a beautiful day is an essence of natural systems in action that day.
We seldom recognize that, on average, over 98 percent of our time, thinking and feeling is disconnected from conscious sensory contact with natural systems. This extreme breach stops the renewing flow of natural systems through our psyche. Our mind stagnates, our reasoning becomes contaminated and our troubles begin.
Disconnected from natural systems, like a computer unplugged from an electric socket, our thinking is neither able to repair our or its disorders nor re-plug itself. It needs help.
Our disconnected thinking often can't recognize or validate that the assistance of a powerful antidote and preventative for our disconnection dilemma is readily available. It rejects that, on-line or on-site, the nature-connecting sensory science of Organic Psychology enables us to plug our thinking and feeling directly into the restorative grace and balancing ways of natural systems. This starts the flow of natural systems in our mind and it purifies and recycles contamination in our psyche. Through Organic Psychology we reduce our undue stress and conflicts and improve our sustainability and environmental relationships. This has been documented for over a decade.
Most of us know that a short walk in a natural area renews us as natural systems begin to flow through our psyche. Organic Psychology provides us with tools to strengthen this process. As we add them to our personal or professional life, we increase our well-being, locally and globally.
A WORD TO THE WISE: Stop our society's war against nature. Stop the abuse hurt and stress we suffer personally and globally due to our leadership's great biosphere-disconnection lie. Learn how to use and teach Organic Psychology. Don't support leaders that ignore it. Help prevent our terrorizing of natural systems within and about us. They are all that humans hold in common with each other and Earth.
Get Involved: Course and Degree Program Procedures
Program Starting Course
Core web pages with links:
Introduction to Organic Psychology programs
Core Activity Online
Outcomes: the Results of Thinking and Feeling With Nature
Online reading: useful online articles and activities http://www.ecopsych.com/2004artnews.html
The Core Problem
Sources and Effects of Dysfunction
Basics of Natural Systems
The Core Model:
Most Complete Overview
The Web of Life Imperative
Reconnecting With Nature
Well Mind, Well Earth
All books are subsidized and available by priority mail
Accredited Academic and Professional Online Courses
1 Cohen, Michael, Editor (2001) The State of Planet Earth: Results of Ecozombie Thinking (http://www.ecospsych.com/zombie2.html)
2. Cohen, Michael, Education and Counseling With Nature: A Greening of Psychotherapy. Interpsych Journal of Mental Health. March, 1995, Vol 2 No. 4 (http://www.ecospsych.com/counseling.html)
3. Cohen, Michael, Nature Connected Psychology: Creating moments that let Earth teach Greenwich Journal of Science and Technology Vol 1 No 1, June, 2000 (http://www.ecospsych.com/natpsych.html)
4. Cohen, Michael, How to Treat Natural System Dysfunction (NSD): The Restorative Powers of Organic Psychology. (http://www.ecospsych.com/articlensd.html)
5. Cohen, Michael, An Introduction to Organic Psychology (http://www.ecospsych.com/2005organicintro.html)
6. Cohen, Michael, The Organics of Psychology (http://www.ecospsych.com/insight2005.html)
7. A Survey of Participants: Reactions to NSTP and Studies of Effects, The Web of Life Imperative, Victoria, B.C. Trafford.
8. Friends of Natural Systems (http://www.ecospsych.com/organization.html)
9. Thomas, Janet (2005) On All Nine Legs - Teaching Outdoor Love to an Indoor World, Taproot, SUNY Cortland, NY, Journal of the Coalition for Education in the Outdoors. (http://www.ecopsych.com/2005taproot.html)
10. Cohen, Michael, books: The Web of Life Imperative and Reconnecting With Nature, Minneapolis, MN. Ecopress http://www.ecopsych.com/books.html
INSTITUTE OF GLOBAL EDUCATION Special NGO consultant United Nations Economic and Social Council
Accredited nature career holistic education and job courses, organic learning degrees and alternatives; earn extra income money and increase wellness, spirit and hope.
P.O. Box 1605, Friday Harbor, WA 98250
ORGANIC, ACCREDITED, APPLIED ECOPSYCHOLOGY IN ACTION
The Natural Systems Thinking Process
Dr. Michael J. Cohen, Director
All organization programs start with the Orientation Course contained in the books
The Web of Life Imperative and Reconnecting With Nature
Results of the application of Organic Psychology to a wide range of disciplines and interests:
In the center section of the pages, below, you will find reports from other online Course Participants about the application of Organic Psychology to:
Grace and Intelligence
Environment Home Job
Who am I
Stop Global Warming
Passion and Patience
Trees and Forests
Topics of Interest
Well-being at risk
Help turn the tide!
"Human behavior is rooted most deeply in nature's intentions and desire. The rhythms of nature underlie all of human interaction: religious traditions, economic systems, cultural and political organization. When these human forms betray the natural psychic pulse, people and societies get sick, nature is exploited and entire species are threatened."
In industrial society our excessively nature-separated lives mold us to betray the natural psychic pulse. We learn to block from our thinking over 95 percent of the wise sensory callings and fulfillments we normally receive from natural systems and their eons of experience. Our hurt and frustration from the severed disconnection of these senses underlies our greatest troubles.
-Michael J. Cohen
Benefit from learning to repair the natural psychic pulse within and around us. Add the sensory ecoscience of Organic Psychology to your life and livelihood.
Organic Psychology Search Engine
Grant-funded, social and environemntal science accredited courses, career training and holistic organic learning degrees: alternative adult education and sustainable career training jobs online for personal and global health.
"Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people."
- Albert Einstein.