Institute of Global
References and Validation for the Science
of Applied Ecopsychology from Field Experience, Self-Evidence
and Published Research findings.
1. ECO-SENSORY PERCEPTION: Where
can I determine my Eco Sensory IQ and at the same time improve
2. ECOZOMBIES: What websites can
I visit to learn more about Ecozombies?
3. Where can I find a website that contains full information
about Webstrings and their use.
4. Is the Natural Systems Thinking Process available
in self-guiding books?
- A. Reconnecting
With Nature: Finding Wellness through restoring your bond
with the Earth, Ecopress, Corvallis, Oregon.
- B. Well
Mind, Well Earth, World Peace University Press Box 1605,
Friday Harbor, WA,
- C. Einstein's
(2000) Project NatureConnect, Box 1605, Friday Harbor, WA
- D. The Natural
Systems Thinking Process Project NatureConnect, Box 1605,
Friday Harbor, WA
5. Where can I find scientifically based articles about
natural attraction science:
6. Where can a short biography and bibliography of Michael
J. Cohen's books, articles, and educational background be found?
7. What is the best way to understand and learn to use
webstrings and the Natural System Thinking Process?
8. What benefits do participants and leaders gain from
reconnecting with Nature?
- Study and Survey of Participants.
- Bradin (2001)
- Chard, (1994)
- Clinebell (1996)
- Duncan (1998)
- Evans (1996)
- Grof (1994)
- Hartig (2001)
- Harner (1998)
- Juhasz (2000)
- Kuo (2000)
- Kahn, Peter H. (1999). The Human Relationship with Nature:
Development and Culture. MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts,
- Kapland (1989)
- Leonard (1997)
- Frumkin, Howard (2001). Beyond toxicity: Human health and
the natural environment. American Journal of Preventive Medicine
20(3): 234-240 (March)
- Reissman (2000)
- Rozak (1995)
- Scull, John(1999)
- Stilgoe, John R. (2001). Gone barefoot lately? Nature matters.
American Journal of Preventive Medicine 20(3): 243-244
- Ulrich (1984)
- Wilson, Edward O. (2001). Nature matters. American Journal
of Preventive Medicine 20(3): 241-242
9. Where can I view quotes from the journals of NSTP participants?
10. What are leading experts discovering about the health
of Planet Earth?
11. Where can I find accredited distant learning webstring
training courses and home study Ph.D. and M.S. degree programs?
12. Where can I find a cooperative support group of Ph.D.
and M.S. students who will help me reduce tuition costs and integrate
the Natural Systems Thinking Process into my education?
13. Where are free NSTP actvities available on the internet
for Earthday or any other day?
14. Where can I find documentation about an at-risk high
school student recovery group and NSTP?
15. What parts of contemporary life can benefit from the
use of webstrings?
16. Are there professionally reviewed articles that help
explain the nature reconnecting process?
- A. Cohen, 2000, Nature
Connected Psychology: creating moments that let Earth teach, Greenwich University Journal of Science and
- B. Cohen, 1993, Integrated Ecology, The Process of
Counseling With Nature, The Humanistic Psychologist, Division
Journal of the American Psychological Association, Vol.21 No.3,
- C. Cohen 1995, Counseling
and Educating With Nature, Interpsych Journal. http://www.pacificrim.net/~nature/counseling.html
- D. Cohen, (1993) Counseling With Nature: Catalyzing
Sensory Moments that Let Earth Nurture. Counseling Psychology
Quarterly, Vol. 6, No. 1, Carfax Publishing, Abingdon Oxfordshire,
- E. Cohen, (1991). Integrating Nature's Balance. The
Journal of Environmental Education, v.22 #4, Washington, DC.
- F. Cohen, (1995) Secrets
of Nature Trail and Game: The Trumpeter, BC Canada
- G. Davies, (1995) Reconnecting
With Nature: educational self-esteem activities for reducing
drug use and irresponsible relationships in students at risk.
ERIC, U.S. Department of Education. http://www.ecopsyh.com/restore.html
- H. Meuse (2000)
Healing Ourselves and the World through Applied Ecopsychology
- 740 EJ491964. Cohen, Michael J.. Discovering Us: The Ecology
of God. Trumpeter; v11 n3 p127-30 Sum 1994. ERIC, U.S. Department
- 740 EJ491962. Cohen, Michael J.. Integrated Ecology: The
Process of Counseling with Nature. Trumpeter; v11 n1 p23-24 ERIC,
U.S. Department of Education
17. Where can I see how people lived in equilibrium with
nature in North America
- Farb, (1968 ) Man's Rise to Civilization, Chapter 2, E.P.
Dutton, New York, N.Y.
- Kroeber, (1988) Ishi in Two Worlds, University of California
18. What is the relationship between webstrings and the
19. Where can I review the process and results of using
the Natural Systems Thinking Process with University Environmental
20. Where can I view additional quotes from the journals
of webstring participants?
Journalized Findings and Archives listed in the Survey of
21. Where can I find information about Planet Earth being
a living organism?
- Lovelock, (1978) Gaia, a new look at life, Oxford University
- Lovelock, (1991) Healing Gaia. Harmony Books
- Cohen, (1985)(editor), Proceedings of the Conference "Is
the Earth a Living Organism?" (National Audubon Society)
22. Internships: How and where
can I intern in teaching NSTP?
23. Where can I find examples of a student's reaction to
nature-disconnected education Disconnection
from Nature in Action
24. Where can I find an important ecopsychological addition
that has been proposed for the United
Nations World Charter for Nature
25. Will you give me a gift and invite me to take, free,
an exploratory course online that helps me understand and use
NSTP? Can I, in turn, give this gift as a gift to others?
Yes, thanks for your interest. Please visit http://www.ecopsych.com/gift.html
26. What information has been reviewed and located the
U.S. Department of Education Educational Resources Information
764 ED404048. Cohen, Michael J.. Green in Green: A Study of
Inner Disconnection, Its Implications and Rectification. . 1993
764 ED387752 . Davies, Kurtland; Cohen, Michael J.. Reconnecting
with Nature: Educational Self-Esteem Sensory Activities for Reducing
Drug Use and Irresponsible Relationships in Students at Risk.
1995 764 ED364805 . Cohen, Michael J.. Well Mind, Well Earth:
97 Environmentally Sensitive Activities for Stress Management,
Spirit and Self-Esteem. Continuing Education Training Manual:
Environmental Education Ethics and Counseling Psychology. . 1993
740 ED439861 . Cohen, Michael J.. Nature Connected Psychology:
Counseling, Environmental Education and Native American School
Activities That Let Earth Teach. . 1999
740 ED387773. Cohen, Michael J.; And Others. Reconnecting
with Nature. . 1995
740 ED374387. Cohen, Michael J.. Counseling and Nature: A
Greening of Psychotherapy. . 1994
740 ED342588. Cohen, Michael J.. Connect with Nature: Regenerate
Personal and Global Balance. . 1991
740 ED316351. Cohen, Michael J.. Making Nature's Wisdom Public:
The Affirmation of Planet Earth as a Living Organism. . 1986
740 ED315296. Cohen, Michael J.. Connecting with Nature: Creating
Moments That Let Earth Teach. A Field Guide. . 1989
740 ED104618 . Cohen, Michael J.. Our Classroom is Wild America.
Trailside Education in Action -- Encounters with Self, Society,
and Nature in America's First Ecology Expedition School. . 1974
1973 740 EJ491964. Cohen, Michael J.. Discovering Us: The
Ecology of God. Trumpeter; v11 n3 p127-30 Sum 1994. 1994
740 EJ491962. Cohen, Michael J.. Integrated Ecology: The Process
of Counseling with Nature. Trumpeter; v11 n1 p23-24 Win
1994. 1994 740 EJ491750 . Cohen, Michael J.. Integrated Ecology:
The Process of Counseling with Nature. Humanistic Psychologist;
v21 n3 p43 Fall 1993. 1993
740 EJ474842 . Cohen, Michael J.. Counselling with Nature:
Catalyzing Sensory Moments That Let Earth Nurture. Counselling
Psychology Quarterly; v6 n1 p39-52 1993. 1993
740 EJ449294. Cohen, Michael J.. Environmental Education's
Rendezvous with Destiny. Clearing; n71 p3-4 Nov-Dec 1991. 1991
740 EJ433510 . Cohen, Michael J.. Connecting with Nature:
A Self-Empowering Guide to the Out-of-Doors. Part Two. Clearing;
n66 p20-23 Nov-Dec 1990. 1990
740 EJ433506 . Cohen, Michael J.. Connecting with Nature:
A Self-Empowering Guide to the Out-of-Doors. Part One. Clearing;
n65 p20-23 Sep-Oct 1990. 1990
740 EJ399570. Cohen, Michael J.. Education as if It Matters.
Outdoor Communicator; v20 n2 p12,15 Spr-Sum 1989. 1
740 EJ374012 . Cohen, Michael J.. The Awakened Ghost: Planet
Earth as a Living Organism. Outdoor Communicator; v18 n2 p26-30
Fall-Win 1986-87. 1987
740 EJ300297 . Cohen, Michael J.. Invoking the Whole Life
Factor: A Cross Cultural Approach to Environmental Education.
Nature Study; v37 n3-4 p11-13 Mar 1984. 1984